In the high desert of South America, winter takes hold, devouring bleached bones and abandoned shacks. Into these most inhospitable of lands, a handful of drifters emerge from the whiteout, ready to cast their lot on forsaken peaks both merciless and magnificent. Venturing beyond the frontiers of most mountain films, Solitaire is backcountry skiing forged […]Read more
Tag Archives: Solitaire
Get More PureOutside
Join the Email Newsletter
Get the latest blog posts, beautiful photos and gear contests. Unsubscribe any time.
- Vancouver Island Trails Conference Recap
- Elk River Trail Day 2: Iceberg Lake
- Elk River Trail Day 1
- Finding Happiness in the Pursuit of Big Goals
- Judges Route: Mount Arrowsmith Trip Report
- What is the Vancouver Island Spine Trail?
- Liquid fuel backpacking stoves: Pros and Cons
- Backcountry kitchen: Canister fuel stoves
- Day Hiking on the Juan de Fuca Marine Trail
- Trip Reports: Great stories from the Juan de Fuca Trail